So you’re having a summer wedding? And why not, after all, the summer is the perfect time to have a wedding on the Outer Banks! Even though a lot of people have their wedding in the summer, you can still make your wedding unique with these great ideas for your amazing celebration.
Pick and Choose from these Ideas!
- Contrasting Colors: Sticking with just two colors will keep your space unified. Rather than splashing color all over your wedding reception, use one dynamic color for a great statement — think all-pink centerpieces for the wedding reception table, or bold orange wedding table linens.
- Relaxing Music: Create a laid-back environment during your cocktail hour and dinner with steel drums or a singer accompanied with a ukulele. For the reception, try classic swing or a big band music to add an upbeat tempo to the night.
- Creative Themes: Think of your favorite summer places when planning the wedding theme. Rather than just any beach, bring in elements specific to the beach you remember as a kid, or your favorite beach ever visited.
- Interesting Invitations: Use colors in an unexpected way on your invites by reversing the typical color scheme. Ex: instead of using fuchsia lettering on a cream-colored invite, try cream print on fuchsia paper.
- Natural Centerpieces: Use hollowed-out watermelons as a centerpiece container for summer flowers to give it a casual look that’s fun and seasonal.
- Eco-friendly Favors: Give guests local herbs planted in recyclable glass jars. Dressed up with some ribbon or paper in your wedding colors, they make for gorgeous favors and are good for the earth.
These ideas would make any wedding extremely unique and worth remembering. And as always, if you need and wedding supplies, Metro Rental has you covered. As the best wedding rental on the Outer Banks, Metro Rental can help you with wedding tents, tables, linens, and glassware. Stop by when you can and take a look at are amazing selection.